Khalifa Industrial Zone (Abu Dhabi) Company Formation – Company Setup in Khalifa Industrial Zone, Abu Dhabi
The Emirate of Abu Dhabi is the largest emirate in the UAE, with its coastline stretching along the Persian Gulf for more than 650 km. The emirate is the country’s political and industrial centre, as well as a major cultural and commercial centre due to its position as a capital. Abu Dhabi accounts for about two-thirds of the UAE economy.
Khalifa Industrial Zone (KIZAD) offers the possibility of registering Abu Dhabi onshore (free zone) companies that can operate both within and outside the UAE. Such companies are granted a licence (special authorization from the Emirate’s Authority) according to the type of activity that they will be engaged in. Establishing a free zone company implies the possibility of obtaining residence visas for shareholders/employees, as well as their families, which is an indisputable advantage.
- no corporate tax;
- quick company registration;
- mandatory audit;
- lots of options in regard to offices and warehouses;
- high ranking among the banks;
- minimum authorized capital is AED 150 000, which can be denominated in UAE Dirhams (AED) only;
- no requirement to provide the payment of the authorized capital to register the company.
- Choose a company name to be checked for availability (at least 2 names)
- Define a company structure (director, shareholders, and manager)
- Define the company’s license type aligning with its activities
- Choose your office type: Flexi desk и E-Office, Executive office
- Provide documents for directors / shareholders / attorneys (either originals or notarized copies)
- Pay all the necessary fees
- Sign the corporate documents
- Get the originals and the company seal
Upon registration the company and the Free Zone authority sign an office lease agreement; the address of such office is considered the official registered office address of the company.
KIZAD offers various office packages depending on the needs of clients in terms of type and number of licences, number of visas, the need for substance and placement in the Free Zone: from flexi desk (a separate room or workstation in first-class business centres) to warehouses.
- Service licence – allows the holder to provide the type of services specified in the licence.
- Trading licence – allows the holder to import, export, sell, distribute and store goods specified in the licence.
- Industrial licence – allows the holder to import raw materials for production, processing and / or assembly of specified products. Finished products can be exported outside the UAE.
*This fee does not include the fees charged by the Free Zone for registering a company and issuing a licence.
**Annual renewal of a company is AED 16 530. This fee does not include the fees charged by the Free Zone for the license renewal.