Opening an Account at Mashreqbank (UAE)
- The bank opens savings (deposit) and settlement accounts
- Personal and corporate accounts only for local UAE companies
- Min. monthly balance of account – AED 10 000* (~ USD 2 722)
- Pre-approval is applied for before the account opening process starts, which helps to prognose your positive chances
- Incoming transfer ~ USD 27*, outgoing transfer ~ USD 20*
- Account maintenance fee – AED 300 (~USD 82)* per month (charged if the balance drops below the min.)
- Internet banking in English
- Bank cards
- The beneficial owner is required to personally visit the UAE for account opening
* The bank fees are indicative and may ultimately differ depending on the banking package chosen by the client.
Requirements for Documents and Information*
For a legal entity:
- Completed Company Profile;
- Business Plan;
- Memorandum and Articles of Association;
- Resolution for opening an account and appointing a signatory to the account.
UAE banks normally accept corporate documents without notarization.
If there is a corporate director / shareholder / secretary in the structure, it is necessary to provide all the documents listed above.
Since the UAE is not party to the Hague Convention on Apostille, copies of all constitutive documents for the corporate director / shareholder / secretary must be legalized by the UAE embassy in the country of issue.
- completed bank forms;
- statement of the company’s bank account for the last 6 months (in the case of a new company, statement of account of the owner’s other company can be provided alongside the proof of his ownership);
- confirmation of the source of origin of funds, including the initial deposit;
- copies of existing contracts / invoices with counterparties;
- office lease agreement, cash flow chart, ownership structure chart, etc.
For an individual (directors / shareholders / beneficial owners / attorneys):
Proof of ID (passport);
- Proof of address (not older than 3 months);
- Bank reference letter and bank statements for the last 6 months.
* The list is not exhaustive. The bank may request any further documents and information.