Umm Al Quwain FZ Company Formation – Company Setup in Umm Al Quwain Free Zone
The Umm Al Quwain Free Trade Zone (UAQ FTZ) is a strategic project of the Umm Al Quwain Government, seeking to encourage entrepreneurial initiatives and provide the necessary infrastructure for a successful business community.
- no corporate tax;
- quick company registration;
- mandatory audit;
- lots of options in regard to offices and warehouses;
- good ranking among the banks;
- new and fast-developing zone;
- minimum authorized capital is AED 300 000, which may differ for certain business activities;
- only one class of shares of AED 1 000 or a multiple amount each are allowed.
- Choose a company name to be checked for availability (at least 2 names)
- Define a company structure (director, shareholders, and manager)
- Define the company’s license type aligning with its activities
- Choose your office type: Flexi desk, E-Office, Executive office
- Providing documents for directors / shareholders / attorneys (either originals or notarized copies)
- Pay all the necessary fees
- Sign the corporate documents
- Get the originals and the company seal
Upon registration the company and the Free Zone authority sign an office lease agreement; the address of such office is considered the official registered office address of the company.
UAQ FTZ offers various office packages depending on the needs of clients in terms of type and number of licences, number of visas, the need for substance and placement in the Free Zone: from flexi desk and flexi office (a separate room or cell in the open space of first-class business centres) to warehouses and land plots.
- Industrial licence – enables the holder to carry on business related to manufacturing of goods, which includes importing raw materials, processing, manufacturing, assembling and packaging products, and exporting the finished product.
- General Trading licence – enables the holder to trade in goods, which includes importing, storing, warehousing, supplying and exporting various categories of permitted goods.
- Commercial licence – enables the holder to trade in goods, which includes importing, storing, warehousing, supplying and exporting permitted goods.
- Service licence – enables the holder to provide the type of services specified in the licence (for example, business consulting, marketing consulting, insurance, etc.).
*This fee does not include the fees charged by the Free Zone for registering a company and issuing a licence.
**Annual renewal of a company is AED 9 180. This fee does not include the fees charged by the Free Zone for the license renewal.